Scheduling regular anti-virus scans
ZoneAlarm is set to run regular anti-virus scans, at varying levels of depth, periodically. You can customize the depth, time, and frequency of these scans.
Note: If your computer is not on when the scheduled scan is set to occur, the scan will occur fifteen minutes after your computer is restarted.
To customize the scan schedule:
- From the Tools menu, choose Scheduled Scans.
- In the window that appears, specify scan frequencies and times for each type of scan (described below) that you want to run, then click Apply.
- Quick Scan: Fastest. Scans only Windows folders, Startup folders, and folders linked to startup items, which are common places for hackers to place viruses. (Programs in these folders can run automatically without permission, which creates the most risk.)
- Normal Scan: Fast, default scan. By skipping archive and non-executable files you get a quicker scan with minimal risk of missing viruses that could self-activate.
- Deep Scan: Very thorough. Recommended every six months or after exposure to a virus outbreak. Scans all files and folders, and scans for rootkits. Skips archive files which pose minimal risk because they cannot self-activate